How to Volunteer
Criminal Records Check Procedure: For the safety of the ACS students and staff, and in accordance with Federal Law, ALL volunteers must complete a Criminal Records Check. This process takes time to complete, sometimes up to a month. Please follow these steps to allow the process to move along smoothly and as quickly as possible:
- Complete a Volunteer Registration Form and a Criminal Record Release Authorization Form (found under "Volunteering" here on the website).
- Have fingerprint scan completed at the Alton Police Department. Remember to bring your driver's license with you. You will be given a Livescan Fingerprinting Acknowledgement Form upon successful completion of the scan.
- Bring these three completed forms to the Volunteer Coordinator within five days of the scan. There is a strict deadline to be met by the SAU in order to complete the process. The Volunteer Coordinator can notarize the record release form for you.
- The SAU will notify the Volunteer Coordinator when they have received the results from the state.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will notify you when you have been cleared to begin volunteering at ACS.