HOW TO VOLUNTEER:
Criminal Records Check Procedure: For the safety of the ACS students and staff, and in accordance with Federal Law, ALL volunteers must complete a Criminal Records Check. This process takes time to complete, sometimes up to a month. Please follow these steps to allow the process to move along smoothly and as quickly as possible:
- Submit a completed Volunteer Registration Form, found under the "Volunteering at ACS" tab, to the Volunteer Coordinator through the Main Office. The Coordinator will provide a "Criminal History Record Release" (CHRR) form to be brought to the fingerprinting appointment.
- Schedule an appointment for fingerprinting through the NH Department of Safety by calling (603)223-3867.
- Attend the scheduled fingerprinting appointment at the DMV.
- Return the CHRR form AND the Livescan Fingerprinting acknowledgement form provided at your appointment to the Volunteer Coordinator within five days. There is a strict deadline to be met by the SAU in order to complete the process.
- The SAU will notify the Volunteer Coordinator when they have received the results from the state.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will notify you when you have been cleared to begin volunteering at ACS.